The Center for Mathematics at Notre Dame seeks Program proposals for 2015.
Please read the description of this year's Program http://www.nd.edu/~cmnd/ before preparing your proposal. This will give you an idea of what we envision.
A Program should include the following activities:
1. Mini-courses, at least one of which is aimed at graduate students (either beginning or advanced).
2. Some activities directed to honors (or honors-level) undergraduate students. For example, this could entail another mini-course, or a research/mentoring activity. The staff at Notre Dame will help hiring someone that can organize the undergraduate week.
3. A conference.
The proposal should be 1 - 2 pages in length, and should include the following information:
1. Names and contact information of the organizing committee.
2. A brief description of the theme of the program, and a rationale for its broad appeal.
3. A tentative list of the mini-courses, with a brief synopsis and aims of each, along with the names of potential lecturers.
4. A tentative list of speakers for the conference.
5. A commitment to produce a volume of proceedings which would include lecture notes of the mini-courses, to be published as part of the Notre Dame Mathematical Lectures series.
The budget for each Program is estimated to be $75,000, with separate funds available for the production and publication of the proceedings.
The organizers are expected to secure additional external funds. The staff at Notre Dame will help in preparing a proposal.
It would be desirable, but not mandatory, to include a public lecture in conjunction with the Program.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to Lisa Driver (L.Driver@nd.edu).